GiftWrap Is GDPR Compliant
In our ongoing efforts to ensure the highest level of customer data protection in our GiftWrap application, PG Calc has completed the steps necessary to become compliant with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy in the European Union and the European Economic Area. It also addresses the transfer of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas. GDPR also addresses the protection of users with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
Toward that end, we have incorporated the following process and features in our delivery of the GiftWrap application, as of version 4.2.16, released on May 31, 2019:
- GiftWrap stores only data required for the processing of planned gifts and deletes this data when no longer needed.
- PG Calc leverages both software and staff to guard against and monitor for data breaches (note that GiftWrap has never experienced such a breach), and has a notification policy in place in the event of such a breach.
- PG Calc conducts data protection impact assessments with the planning and implementation of each update to the GiftWrap application, to ensure that the application continues to conform to GDPR regulations.
- The GiftWrap application incorporates “privacy by design” in its application architecture and operating environment. To that end, all GiftWrap databases are encrypted at both the full database level and at the column level where personally identifiable information is stored. Additionally, the encryption keys used to encrypt GiftWrap data are stored in the separate System Application database. See the GiftWrap 4.0 Hosting and Security FAQ.
- PG Calc conducts regular and on-going training to ensure that all PG Calc employees remain aware of their responsibilities with regard to the protection of personal data and identification of personal data breaches as soon as possible.
To learn more about PG Calc's gift administration software, click the button below!
To get first-hand experience with the GiftWrap application, click the button below and request a free evaluation account!
To speak with a representative about PG Calc’s GiftWrap application, please contact PG Calc Client Services at 888-474-2252 or firstname.lastname@example.org.